Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Sea Inside: Post 1

Throughout the course of this film, I had many different reactions. I think that Ramon’s request to should one that is honored. To me, I think that if you are in that condition and have been suffering for as long as he has, you request to die should not be that surprising. People in the movie think that he should not be allowed to request for death because it’s against the law. To me, I think that this law should be changed. It is unreasonable because the people who make these laws are not in that condition. I think that the quadriplegics should make this law. They are the ones who are having to suffer because someone in the opposite case is preventing them from caring out their will. Ramon’s eventual actions just show how strongly he wanted this to happen. Having suffered for around 28 years, it was a relief for him to pass away. The friends, who were a part of his suicide, show how passionate they are about Ramon’s request. If I were put in that situation, I would do the same thing by helping out a friend if they were in the same state as Ramon.

No comments: