Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This I Believe Assignment

1. A link to the essay

http://thisibelieve.org/dsp_ShowEssay.php?topessays=3&uid=12278

2. Author

Betsy Woods

3. Title

The Best Way to Learn is to Teach

4. One sentence of what the belief is

She believes in the power of teaching and the effects that it can have. on her and the students she teaches.

5. 2 examples from the story that showed their belief

1. It’s a wonderful truth that of all relationships, the one between teacher and the student is truly symbiotic.

2. On a daily basis, I learn as much from my students as I try to impart to them, and this is why I continue to teach. My motivations are selfish, and so be it. It’s still a tandem ride, this learning and teaching, and on any given day I find myself leading and following, following and leading.

6. 1 favorite passage

When you are put in charge of 25 students for 50 minutes a day, you feel compelled to give them the best you can, to prepare for their onslaught of questions, and to relate their lives to your lesson.

No comments: